Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Visit To Sparrows Nest


While out running errands the other day I decided to stop at The Sparrows Nest - the thrift store in the next town. It's not an establishment I frequent because I seldom find anything to purchase there. The prices are too high for most items (in a lot of cases Wal-Mart or Target will be cheaper). However, a quick peek once in awhile might be worth my time. It's a nice, clean, large store and everyting is neatly displayed.
I am always disappointed with housewares - if there is anything vintage it has an antique store price attached. Books, both adult and children's, had nothing to offer. There was no fabric, no craft supplies and of course no toys as that is store policy. Finally I looked through clothing. I did find this darling Cherokee spring jacket for Beth. Pretty good timing with Easter almost here. Priced at $3 - ouch! But, it is like new - perhaps never worn - so I could justify the cost. It's a tad big on my granddaughter so she should get a couple years wear out of it - it was a good find - my only find.

No comments: