Saturday, April 19, 2008

Freebies From Menards



Frugal Grandpa's #1, all time favorite store is Menards. He always needs something. Now that he has retired he heads off to the home improvement center almost daily. In the past I would go with him but didn't particularly enjoy the experience - lumber and tools just didn't turn me on. But over the years Menards has become more female friendly. They now have books, magazines, greeting cards, home decor, toys and even groceries! And their seasonal & holiday displays are fantastic.

Everyone in our family takes advantage of the Freebies Menard's offers. Recently we have acquired duct tape, gutter scoop, and a couple utility lighters for only the cost of sales tax and postage to mail in the rebates. The trick is to make sure you mail off those rebates immediately and we always do.

Recently Menards had a Freebie I was really excited about - photo storage boxes - you were allowed a total of 4. Now, I do need to organize photos, but I also want to get many of my rubber stamps easier to access. So this time I am concentrating on them. These boxes are perfect - they fit nicely on the shelf and look neat and tidy. The graphic design on the box tells me its contents. The box with birthday cake and candles holds my birthday stamps. The box with fairy princesses and red hearts holds my Valentine/heart stamps. And the Daisy decorated container has all my floral/botanical items. The second Fairy Princess box is for Beth - its so nice to have a home for all those Polly Pocket pieces.

What can I say - I love freebies and now I really love going to Menard's!!!
__________________________________________________

No comments: