Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rubber Ducky For Baby




I never go out of my way to find post holiday sales. If I happen across one - fantastic - if not - oh well. I was in the local grocery store yesterday and spied this cute rubber ducky family. It was on sale - all Easter items 75% off. That made momma ducky and three ducklings only $1.00. I happened to think that baby will be with us next Easter - the four duckys would be a perfect basket filler for him/her. OK, into my cart!

There were lots and lots of plush bunnies and chicks left on the shelf. The price was super good and I really had a very hard time convincing myself NOT to buy. Beth and Wullie already have so many stuffed animals and you just know baby will receive some for Christmas. It was a struggle but I said "NO" to the temptation.



The Easter items were pretty well picked over so the only other thing I found were these cute bunny container bubbles for 50 cents each - of course I had to buy three - even baby needs bubbles - right?

Charles and Di hit a 75% off Easter sale at the local Walgreens. I don't know what they bought but Charles said the only thing they will have to supply next Spring is the candy.

Stock piling gifts a year in advance isn't for everyone. But for our family it's a smart, frugal strategy.

No comments: