Monday, August 4, 2008

Garage Sale Finds: I Love Lucy

There was only one garage sale in town last weekend. Perhaps the fact that it was miserably hot and humid deterred a lot of folks from having a sale. At any rate we were glad we were without grandchildren this time.



I spied this Cabbage Patch Newborn Baby right off. It was marked $10. All right, it is a new doll and that was fair enough but parting with 10 bucks really hurts. So first we looked around and I found some other items worth purchasing. Finally, I decided I'd ask for a better price. As I have said in the past, I am not a haggler, but this time it was worth the chance to inquire. Very nicely I asked the seller if he would be willing to give me a better price. He could see that we were going to buy several things so he said yes, he'd go down to $7.00. That was better than I had hoped for - Happy Dance, Happy Dance! One more Christmas present for Beth!



Also for Christmas we found this I Love Lucy ornament for $1.00. I'll share a picture of our tree this coming holiday. It's truly whimsical with lots of story, cartoon and TV characters - geared for the inner kid in all of us.



Finally we picked up a top for Beth, Tinkerbell sweat shirt for me, and I couldn't pass up Piglet. No, Piglet isn't for Beth - he is for me! I know, I know, just what I need - one more toy. But there was a space on my computer desk shelf that needed to be filled.



Beth had a lot of fun giving Piglet, Patrick and Mr. Krabs a tea party. See, I am not a stingy Grandma - I share my toys!

No comments: