Monday, October 27, 2008

Garage Sale Finds: Antique Sampler

Mild weather is hanging around the Midwest so there were a few garage sales last week.


We found this set of Sheffield Stainless Steel Steak Knives - new, never used - $1. I am going to give them to Charles and Di for Christmas. Now, it just so happened that Charles and Di invested in half a cow a few months ago. I know Charles is saving the t-bone steaks for Christmas dinner so the knives will get immediate use.


I bought this Royal Cauldon tea and chocolate pot for $5. Leave it to me to not take off the lid and check them first. Sure enough, the inside rim of the tea pot has a chip missing - augh! I am still going to put them on Ebay - they are very decorative so I have my hopes up.


Our last find is my favorite and I really want to keep it - this framed antique sampler - $10. If I had my own studio/sewing room it would already be hanging. But the cottage has so little room that wall space is already taken. I am going to post the sampler on Ebay with a hefty price. If it doesn't sell, well then, I will just have to make a space for it won't I?

No comments: