Monday, October 13, 2008

Garage Sale Finds: Augie Doggie

There was only one sale last week - an estate sale. Although we arrived late on the first day I was delighted with some fun vintage finds.


Here he is - Augie Doggie (or maybe it's Doggie Daddy - not sure). Ah, love those old Hanna-Barbera cartoons! I am sure somewhere on cable there is a new generation watching Augie and "Dear Old Dad".


And some more TV nostalgia - a Ben Casey M.D. game. OMG I am so old - even my boys didn't know who Vince Edwards was. They had to check it out on YouTube.


And do you know Betsy McCall? She was a paper doll in McCalls Magazine for years and then became a popular doll. What fun to find Betsy McCall Colorforms with almost all the pieces.


Can you believe this combination salt and pepper shaker in original box! The "Gigi" thermos has it's original glass liner.


And finally a knitted Barbie wardrobe. All these pieces were handmade. It boggles my mind - the knitting needles had to be as thin as a toothpick.

When I went to pay the seller looked at my pile and say "How about $6 for everything?". That was more than fair for so many treasures. Looks like this was a fabulous end to our garage sale season.

No comments: