Thursday, May 22, 2008

Garage Sale Finds: Brambly Hedge Edition

One of our town's subdivisions held their annual Neighborhood Sale last week. The best strategy would be to go the first day before all the good stuff is sold. It so didn't happen. I had Beth and Wullie visiting Thursday and Friday. Frugal Grandpa was off to Rockford to help Sonny with a remodeling project. I did consider taking the kids with me BUT it would have been too much of a hassle. When it's one grandparent to one kid things go smoothly. But getting both kids in and out of car seats myself would be daunting - also dangerous with all the traffic.

Saturday morning I hit the Books and Baubles Sale at our local library. It was wonderful - so many terrific books! I didn't get to the neighborhood sale until the afternoon. The one good thing about arriving on the last day - there were many "half off" and "make an offer" sales. I know I made at least thirty stops. I didn't find much but I was pleased with a few treasures.



I only found one gift item - this Brambly Hedge Memory Game. It's new - never opened - $2.00.




Picked up some activity books for the kids to play with at our house. The kids have already enjoyed the paint with water storybooks - $1.00.



Finally, a few vintage items - $5.30. And that was it. Not much, but no complaints. I hit a lot of sales with minimal use of gas - it was a good outing.

Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

No comments: