Monday, July 28, 2008

Garage Sale Finds: Tony Trabert

Just a few garage sales last week. Beth and Wullie were quite happy to come along and check out what was being offered. It was pretty disappointing. We didn't find anything until the very last sale.



All summer the kids have been having fun at our house hitting a rubber ball with a broken tennis racket. At this sale there were two rackets so we picked them up for the kids. But, one of the rackets was a vintage Tony Trabert signature Wilson racket - oh, the dollar signs were dancing in front of my eyes. Couldn't wait to check out the racket on Ebay - surely this was worth some bucks! Well, NO! There were a number of them listed on Ebay - no bids on current auctions, and no sales on completed listings. Oh well, that's the way Ebay has been going so I wasn't too surprised.



The kids ended up with two nice rackets and a new, unopened tube of balls for $5.00.



Beth also fell in love with these two china cats for $2.00 so I said she could have them. Oh no! I am letting my granddaughter turn into a collector! Is that a good thing or a bad thing?



And for Ebay I bought these two Precious Moments figurines for $2.00. I've had pretty good luck selling Precious Moments before so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will see a profit on them.

Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

No comments: