Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Garage Sale Finds: Planet of the Apes


A historical museum is the last place you would expect to find a second hand treasure. The McHenry County Museum had a table set up covered with donated books for sale - hardcovers 50 cents, paperbacks 25 cents. I must admit I am not much of a reader - the books were mostly novels and I just didn't find anything that interested me. But, there in the center of all the romance and mystery was "Planet of the Apes". Now, it happens that the movie of the same name is one of Charles' favorites. And, yes, he belongs to the NRA and is a Charlton Heston fan. I just know he is going to love adding this book to his personal library. Book purchase was on the honor system - you put the money in a box provided. Luckily Charles didn't even notice the table - he was off with the kids in another section of the museum. So taking the book out to the car and hiding it was easy enough. I will wrap it up as a present - just a fun little surprise Christmas morning!

No comments: