Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Freebies

We received a few "Treats" in October - it was a good month for Freebies.


The Pert Shampoo was on sale - after using a manufactures coupon and store coupon it was free. The Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber was free after mail-in rebate. And the L'Oreal Cleanser was free from the Walgreens EasySaver Catalog.

After many months of waiting they have finally started construction on the CVS Pharmacy in the next town - wahoo! Hopefully it will be open for Christmas. So looking forward to even more bargains - love love love playing the Drug Store Game!


Surprise, surprise - I actually got a few goodies off Freecycle this past month. First I got a carton full of disposable diapers. I didn't bother photographing them - took them right over to Henry. They were used immediately. Also for Henry, two and a half gallons of Baby Laundry Detergent. The gal who was giving them away got a new washer that only uses HE detergent. Lucky for Henry that Mom & Dad have an older top loader.

And finally a pack of cloth napkins. When these were offered I got the impression that it was a pack of paper napkins. I wanted to include them in a Christmas gift box of consumables/edibles. Now, I am not sure what I am going to do with them. If Grandpa and I were by ourselves we would simply use them. But, it's a very rare meal that we are alone. It's just more practical for us to use paper napkins for the family especially with the grandkids. I could give them as a gift but I don't know anyone who would use them. I might come up with a clever way to incorporate them out of package in a Christmas gift - like lining a basket or bowl filled with cookies or candies. If I fail to get inspired I will simply offer them again on Freecycle after the holidays.

No comments: