Sunday, September 7, 2008

Garage Sale Finds: Stocking Stuffers

There were only two garage sales over the weekend. This is the first time all season that I have actually found some items to use as stocking stuffers. I don't claim responsibility for providing little toys and baubles at Christmas - that's up to Charles and Di. But, if I happen across a few things it certainly helps them out. After all - a desperate trip to the dollar store just before Dec. 25th for a bunch of little items can end up being one big expense.


I found these five stocking stuffers - so OK, it's not much, but it's five less items that need to be purchased come the holidays. A mini Christmas teddy in box - 25 cents, Troll - 50 cents, little tub toys - 50 cents, Mary Engelbreit note pad - 50 cents and ladybug stickers - 10 cents.


We were lucky to be without the grandchildren when we hit the garage sales. I got Beth this Barbie horse and carriage - pretty impressive looking and only $6. And, NO, I am not going to go get her a Barbie Princess doll to go with it. She has a bunch of Barbies as it is - they don't have to be in Princess attire to ride in the carriage.


We found this cool plastic Home Depot tool set for Wullie - $2. I hope it will be a good introduction to the use of different tools.


And finally for Ebay - these salt and pepper shakers of the Marina Towers. They are so funnky and kitchy looking. They are so "Chicago" and surely someone on Ebay really needs them for their vintage collection. They weren't marked so I was a bit taken back when the gal said they were $3. I had already oohed and aahed over them and pretty well committed myself to the purchase. Of course I was also buying the stocking stuffers and tool set. Besides the sale was to help fund the seller's run in a race for some charity. So, I wasn't going to haggle - I paid the price and over all I was very, very happy with all my purchases.

Anyone have some great stocking stuffer advise or stories? We need all the help we can get come Christmas time!

No comments: