Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Garage Sale Finds: Water Balloons - augh!


Early this past summer Beth and Wullie arrived for a visit bringing along a new package of water balloons. Nice, cool summer fun - right? Well, I am the one who had to tie the balloons and let me tell you they are absolute murder on the fingers. Yes, we used the balloons - sessions would only last until my digits screamed for "mercy"! A couple weeks ago we used up the very end of the supply. I was such a happy Grandma!

Until last Friday.

There were two local garage sales last week and the grand kids were with us. Yep, at the first sale they found a brand new unopened pack of water balloons! My heart sank but we bought them anyway - 50 cents. Sad to think they will last the rest of the Fall before being put away for the winter. And of course the kids won't forget we have them next Spring. Sometimes I just can't win!

The second sale we went to was a joint venture of several neighbors. One seller had a lot of interesting collectibles. She knew what she had so items were priced accordingly. Just no room for profit. Oh well. So my attention focused on the kids. Beth fell in love with a pink suede coat. It was a perfect fit which means no room when she gets bigger. But she looked so cute in it - I spent $2. She'll get the use of it until the snow flies.

We let the kids each pick out a small toy and they were happy with that, BUT they insisted Henry needed something too. They picked out a very nice small truck for him. Of course it will be a long time before baby can actually play with it. But the idea is that the kids didn't want their little brother to be left out. Bless their hearts - I was so proud of the two of them!

No comments: