Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Double Dose of Hope


On January 20th Americans will receive a double dose of HOPE as Barack Obama and Joe Biden are inaugurated. Most media attention is focused on the president-elect. But, we must remember that the vice president-elect is our #2 man and will be working closely with Obama as he leads the country towards a better future. The days and months ahead are going to be very difficult. God bless them and guide them both in their endeavors.

My sister-in-law Becky gave me permission to post this picture she & her niece had taken with Joe Biden. She included this note: "Diane and I had our photo taken 2 years ago with Joe Biden. Diane hadn't ever met a politician, and he was her first. I didn't really even want to go to the dinner that night, but I am glad I did, so I could introduce her to him. He's so friendly and fun to talk to. He found out she worked for Head Start, and took her face in his hands and praised her for doing it. He said," God bless you for taking care of those kids". She just beamed with pride! I always say, "Everybody should have one Democrat in the family, to take care of us when we get old."

Photo Credit: Anita Campbell, Des Moines, Iowa

No comments: